Learning to Love

This year Valentine’s Day held special significance. Yes, it continued to be a day of love, but it turned more into a day of agape love. That universal, unconditional love. My heart and mind was opened in a way that I didn’t think was possible. I spent most of the day thinking about my father. He is terminally ill, and the doctors do not believe that he is going to make it. That’s one heck of thing to say to someone. He is currently under hospice care, and it is breaking my heart. But, as I have stated before (numerous times, probably ad nauseam) that this is not about me. It’s about what I can do for someone else to make their life more pleasant and fulfilling. No one knows when someone is going to die; only God knows for sure. I truly believe in my heart that everything and I mean EVERYTHING happens for a reason…even if that reason is to draw us closer to the Lord. As I think about my father, I cherish all of the great times as well as the difficult periods in our relationship. Memories are neither good nor bad, they simply are…they are the building blocks upon which our lives are built. I would not be the person that I am without those memories that helped to shape my existence.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered; it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails”
-I Corinthian 13: 4-8


On another note, I didn’t get a call, email or text message from any of my so-called love interests yesterday. I found that interesting, but such is life.

Peace & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...