Sex and the Single Girl


Okay, so I decided to embark on this whole celibacy quest…it’s turning out to be a struggle at times. Let me just get it all out in the open…before I gave my life to Christ, I was literally inundated with lustful thoughts. I actually think I thought about sex as much if not more than most of the guys I know. I broke up with ex-man for the first time (yeah I said first time) at the end of 2003 and I literally went buck wild. Don’t get me wrong, I have great taste in men and I was quite the discerning connoisseur, but I was straight up and down leading a sexually amoral lifestyle. I was safe (if you didn’t want to wear a condom, we did not play)…but adventurous with a select few…Fortunately, the number of men I have had intimate relations with is still in the single digits. It’s still difficult to stay on the straight and narrow sometimes, but I am proud of myself so far…it’s all about God because if I were to let my body have its way, I’d be in trouble right now. The next man who touches me sexually will be my husband. So what’s the point of this blog? …Not really sure. Just that I am turning over a new leaf, and it feels good. Like my favorite activist Frederick Douglas said, “Without struggle, there is no progress.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...