The Intimidation Factor (image courtesy of TLR Photography)


I just posted this in one of my the forums I frequent on a regular URM World, but I thought it would also be appropriate to write about here as well:

I have heard it at least a hundred times or more from brothas that I am intimidating to approach. I honestly don't get it. I literally walk around smiling and laughing all of the time, because generally speaking I am a pretty upbeat person. As I often say, how can someone with dimples be intimidating ??? Those of you who know me realize that when I do get upset it never lasts more than an hour (unless I am in a true rage, and none of y'all have witnessed that yet). I'm not sure what kind of vibe I am giving off, but I'd love to hear some opinions on this topic. Ladies---have you ever been labeled "intimidating." Fellas---have you ever felt intimidated by a women. And if you don't want to implicate yourself, you can always use examples from other people's lives...

I don't know about dating right now. I'm completely at a loss as to how it's done. Guys have been so full of crap lately, that I just don't know what to do. I was chatting with one of my girls the other night, and she decided to just give up the struggle and turn it all over to God. Not a bad idea if you ask me. I mean really, I'm seriously at the point that the Lord is going to have to literally send me my future mate, put a red bow around him and stick him in my front yard before I'm convinced he is the one for me. I know, sounds crazy, but it is totally how I am feeling right now. I can't take this relationship madness anymore. At this point I'd settle for a nice dinner and some decent conversation...any takers?

2 comments:

  1. I think you should flirt with Mark!

    you should say, "Talk Nerdy to me, Big Boy!" LOL.

    Dude, why do you even care about dating anybody now... look at me, you start dating and next thing you know, you're 30 with two kids and nowhere to go.

    Just enjoy being single and have fun... it's not like you're ANYWHERE NEAR the age of saying, "oh, wow is me, I will never find a good man to marry". You're young... think about that in about 5-10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, that was supposed to say "Woe is me"... not "Wow is me"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...