Leaving on a Midnight Train...

Well, not a train exactly, but I did leave...on an airplane NYC bound. I couldn't wait to get out of town last weekend. It's been an oppressive summer, and I was looking forward to letting my hair down and getting loose-which I managed to do. Well, not too loose...but at least I chilled. I even threw in a photo shoot with my boy Chuck in for good measure. Which leads me to today's topic-I think I have forgotten how to relax. Simply thinking about nothing and chilling on a weekend has truly lost all meaning. I don't what it means to go on vacation and not work on some project: freelance writing projects, the magazine, modeling, etc., etc. My mind is almost always racing...it's amazing if I am even able to read a good book that is not related to publishing, the entertainment industry or running your own business. Nonetheless, I did make time to read the latest edition of the Harry Potter series and a great detective adventure, Hoax by Robert Tannebaum. Superb reads...

Perhaps I should reconnect with my inner 12 year old. I remember the days when I was perfectly content laying around watching television and chatting on the phone with my friends about nothing...everything and all sort of stuff in between. Those were the days...well, I should get some sleep. I have a shoot in the morning and I need all the beauty sleep I can muster. I gotta say, I'm loving this whole blog thing. It's actually fun carving a little space for myself in cyberspace. It's such a exhilerating and freeing experience to just let me thoughts float out into the universe for anyone who is interested to see/read. I feel liberated tonight. All for now I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...