Unconditional

I learned something pretty important about myself today...that I can love and care about people unconditionally. I am capable of just seeing people for who they really are...instead of who they once were. Believe me this is big...I did not always think like this.


For instance, I found out some interesting, yet fairly disturbing information about someone that I really care about. This information was about their past...I won't lie, for an instant I felt betrayed, mislead, insert whatever applicable emotion...but after only maybe five minutes of thinking about it, I realized that having that info helped to reaffirm that I care about this person "in spite of"...In spite of recent trangressions, I still care...In spite of a less than pristine relationship past, I still care. I know that I would want someone to care for me "in spite of."

Sometimes knowledge can be a dangerous thing...but for me, I'm glad that I discovered what I did because it makes me care for this person even more...understanding a person's past helps to appreciate them for who they really are, and better yet...who they hope to be. The past is the past...as long as one learns from it, that's sometimes all that matters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...