Calling me baby...

I posted the following back in May:

If a guy that you are interested in who NEVER uses certain terms of endearments (baby, sweetheart, etc.) with any other women other than you starts calling another woman "baby," "sweetheart," etc. in public...or more accurately online, does that mean anything?

I'm bringing this up because I noticed it again. While I was searching around Myspace, checking out people's profiles, seeing what's new in the lives of my friends...just doing the daily myspace thing, I came across a page in which "the guy" left a comment on this woman's page (who he says he isn't feeling like that, but I'm almost positive she's interested in him) and referred to her as "baby." This is probably the 5th or 6th time I've noticed this. And I'm not talking about a woman that he has known forever, just someone he met this year. I don't even think he's even conscious of it. Don't get me wrong, I know that this is not a big deal, but that annoyed me so much this morning. I'm not jealous of her as a person, but I guess I'm jealous of the affection and the time they spend together. Even though, he says that he isn't feeling her, she still has the same permissions that I do...for example, she can call him in the middle of the night (3 or 4 in the morning on a week night) and he won't put her in check...She can make advances or innappropriate propositions, and he won't check her on it...he refers to her in the same way he refers to me (i.e. the reason why him calling her "baby" irritates me so much)...so that sends me a message about their relationship and his comfort level with her. People can always tell you what's up, but actions speak volumes. I'm not his girlfriend so I guess I can't really complain. But I had to get this out, since that's exactly what blogs are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...