Wow


So no long drawn out blog this morning...too much work to finish after being out of town all weekend, which I am not sure I am going to write about. For the first time, I think I may keep my thoughts about my trip to myself. Let's just say, I had an great/interesting/intense/relaxing time. And above all else, no regrets and I'm glad I went.

I rode the train back home yesterday, and I shared a seat with the coolest woman. We talked about everything: men, relationships, our ideal marriage proposals, her boyfriend, my "friend" (he doesn't get a designation because he doesn't want one...he's enjoying his single status as of late...and I am too for the moment). Well, what was significant about this conversation was as I described my relationship with my "friend"...i.e. his personality, how he carries himself, how we relate to each other, how we feel about each other, etc...she just looked at me and smiled...And then made the profound, yet seemingly obvious statement, "Girl, you're in love." "What, no. We just care about each other," I reply. She repeats, "girl, you're in love...regardless of whether or not you are aware of it, you're in love. It's obvious."

Damn! That changes the whole game. Sometimes it takes a stranger to reaffirm what you already knew in the first place. So great, I'm in love with the unattainable...now what. Gotta love my life, never a dull moment inside my head...

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...