Musings from a Random Mind


I had a bit of a rough day...I'm still encouraged mind you, but it was a challenging day nonetheless. So here are some relationship/dating related random thoughts that I have been thinking about lately:

(1) Why? Why am I not enough.

(2) The one "courting" me is wonderful...why is that not enough for me...

(3) I love my life, my career, my work I do for God, my organizations, why can't I just allow that to be enough for now...

Just forget about those random thoughts, too depressing to think about all the what ifs and dead ends that seem to accompany my thoughts of late...I just don't understand how I can be so enamoured and frustrated at the same time. I just have to keep reminding myself that I only have control over my own actions and emotions, I can't assume about anyone else.

I think I will make a list of positive traits about me as a girlfriend/wife

I, personally, think I'm a pretty good catch...I'm fairly cute (well at least I take good photos), very attentive to the needs of whomever I'm in a relationship with, very flexible in terms of letting my man do his own thing (I have too much to do to keep tabs on someone day and night), well educated and insightful when the need arises, I always acknowledge when I'm wrong and am quick to apologize for my actions, I love to laugh and be silly. I am down to earth and real. I don't play games. Faithful and Committed...always.

And here are the negatives (or areas for improvement):

Moody...I can get downright bitchy given the right circumstance, and my words can be sharp. That's why I am extra careful about how I say things and what I say. Words are powerful and once you say something, you can't take it back.

Stubborn...I'll admit when I am wrong, but if I think I'm right about something...then you are in for a fierce debate, I take no prisons and I remember everything from every conversation I've ever had with anyone I've been romantically interested in...

Impatient (only at times)...I've been learning to be more patient, it's a process, and I'm getting better each day.

Sensitive when in love...my heart is easily broken...but I have always been able to get right back up...

There is more to this list, but it felt good to let some things out. This was a random post, I have no idea where it came from or why.

Peace & Blessings all...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:06 AM

    sometimes even if we do know our blessings we lose our way and that is when we do the what ifs and why nots in life. even when we know that we have a good thing we want something better. that can be a wonderful attibute IF we use it for positive growth instead of for the negative seed that it is often planted to be. don't let it get you down because you're stressed with work...be blessed that you have work to pay your bills and get to do things you like with your time...don't be stressed because you're single...think about how blessed you are to know that God is still getting your match ready for you...you see my point...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am oh so late with this response. I had to get myself together on this, as I too am wondering why it is I'm single - a see through soul I call myself, as men seem to overlook and pass me by.

    Think about how blessed you are to know that God is still getting your match ready for you....

    I think patience is something that we so overlook. I myself am a hasty one. Very eager to meet the man that will hold my heart in his hands gently.

    Why aren't you enough? Its a question I asked myself constantly, as rejection from the man I loved made me second guess myself. When I came to, I realized that I never should second guess myself off a man who was not ready to accept me for who I am. I believe I was just too much. My feisty mouth wouldn't allow him to get past me with the bull crap he wanted to pull, my smarts was enough to match his and didn't allow him to pull the bullcrap that he wanted to pull, my sexiness was too much for him that he couldn't bring his true self to take care of me. Never, second guess your self about not being enough

    Lady, I am yet to meet you face to face, but you are such a reflection, that I'm quite sure that you know you got it going on.

    Now on the moody part lol...use that as your defense mechanism...he won't know what hit him lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...