Good Old Fashioned Courtship…

Okay, let’s take a break from talking about the “guy.” Instead, today I want to talk about the joy of courtship. Webster defines courting as “to seek the affections of”…Having someone court you is so much fun, especially in this day and age when people are looking for a “hook up” and that’s it. No one takes the time to really get to know you anymore (maybe that’s why I like “him” so much because we really know each other, but alas, I digress this blog isn’t supposed to be about him today)…and so different from what I have been used to lately. In the last month, as I have been lamenting the lack of a relationship with a certain loved one, an unexpected situation has arisen…I am now being pursued and courted…Ordinarily I would be a bit suspect, but for whatever reason, I find this person’s affections not only flattering, but intriguing and welcoming. It doesn’t hurt that the brother is fine, driven, spiritually aware and not afraid to express himself, intelligent, honest and creative…and tall, lol. He’s been so respectful and considerate that it actually took me by surprise…I mean he’s doing all the classic stuff…calls in the middle of the day while he’s at work just to check up on me…text messages saying I was thinking about you…already asking when he can come and visit (and vice versa), -btw-he’s not a local guy. It’s just nice. Although, we have just started the “getting to know you phase,” I feel like I’ve known him forever. And although my heart belongs to another equally as great guy, it feels good to feel wanted, admired and pursued. He actually called me his “future” the other day…so I guess we’ll see what God has in store for us.

4 comments:

  1. :) :) :) ... now I'm going to follow lead. Sister go with the flow. I know all to well about the heart belonging to another, but that's the heart, it only knows one love. And until its replaced by another it'll hold on. But go with the flow, I say go with the flow.
    So you're courting huh *koolaid grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear what you are saying girl...but I still can't shake that "feeling" from the other guy, :-(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now see...you obviously haven't read my last email to you. Now my take on this "hold of the heart" is that if "the other guy" can't and won't indulge in the woman that I am, he's not ready. I learned the hard way. I've chased away to many guys who were deeply interested...only to be left standing alone. Babe...the heart only knows one love. It'll be ok. Trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Wow. This sounds so much like my life right now....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...