Yes, You Are a Role Model

To say that I’ve been disappointed with the behavior of our prominent African American sports figures over the last 20 years or so would be an understatement. While I do understand that they are human beings and have faults like the rest of us, I also believe that they should be held more accountable for their public persona because of their status and influence on the next generation. I can only shake my head at the following names: Michael Vick, Isaiah Thomas, OJ Simpson, Mike Tyson, Kobe (the list goes on)…but what really broke my heart was Marion Jones having to give up her medals. Sad day indeed.

Every person on this earth has a responsibility to be the best example that he or she possibly can for our youth (and even some adults). You never who is watching and emulating what you do. No one who walks on this earth is perfect; however, that doesn’t mean one shouldn’t strive for perfection…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...