We Rock...Our Red Pumps

Photography: C. Holliday, MUA: Gregory Lawrence, Styling: Kyle Murray

National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD) is today, March 10th. Today I am using my voice (and "Rock My Red Pumps")  to raise awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls? 


Why I Rock!
Photography: C. Holliday, MUA: Gregory Lawrence, Styling: Kyle Murray
Each year, I am challenged to find more reasons why I proudly rock the red pump, and, honestly my answer never really changes.  I rock my red pumps because I care deeply about my health and the health of other women and girls who look just like me.  Women, black and brown women in particular, are being systematically decimated because of ignorance, the lack of awareness and education about HIV/AIDS and how it affects our community is literally killing us.   Whenever, I rock my red pumps, it reminds me that I am personally responsible for doing my part to make other people stand up and take notice of what this disease is doing.  Until there is a cure, that’s my job.  I’m proud to be a Red Pump Rocker.  Not only is Awareness Always in Style, but it looks damn good too!  I’m ready to make a difference, how about you? 

To learn more about what we do, visit www.RedPump.org


"Creativity is a Drug I can't live without"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...