New Year, New Expectations


As which is usually the case, my holiday season was quite hectic so I apologize for the lack of posts. I literally spent the last two weeks in meetings and making preparations for the future of JSW Media Group, so, although technically I was on vacation from the day job, I was still hard at work. No rest for the weary.

To say that I am excited about what is to come would be a massive understandment. Deals are on the table, the company has been restructured...my transition phase is over, my team is solid and battle tested. Everyone who is currently in my life is supposed to be there. I go into 2009, refreshed and renewed. 2008 was a hard year, I lost a lot of loved ones last year...everything from death (Daddy, Pastor Carol, My Cousins, An Aunt, the list goes on), to unreconcilable differences with "friends"(that's the best I can come up with, I still don't know why people disappeared off the face of the earth, such is life, lol).

We only get one life. I'm going to make mine count. I can't be concerned with the past to the point that I don't live in the present, while neglecting the future. If 2008 was the year of transition, then 2009 is the year of fulfillment. I'm blessed, and I refuse to complain. There is too much beauty in the world to discover and fight for to waste time on the "what could have beens." You feel me?

If you are in Charlotte, come hang out with me at my bi monthly networking social: Indulge Thursdays. Details are below:


Indulge Thursdays @ PJ's Coffee & Lounge

Tired of your typical, impersonal business networking events? Then join JSW Media Group on select Thursdays to Indulge in smooth grooves, pleasurable conversation and decadent delicacies for casual networking in an intimate, relaxed and stylish environment.

You are invited to be our special guest on January 8th from 6:30 p.m.-9 p.m. @ PJ's (210 E. Trade Street, Bldg C, 1st Floor, Inside The Epicentre). Enjoy the ideal lounge experience. Representatives from the Charlotte Literary Festival and its new "Change is Coming to Charlotte" series will be on hand to share more about their upcoming events. Come prepared to mix, mingle and network. Food & Drink Specials. Music provided by dj rsenal.

Questions? Email indulge@jswmediagroup.com
Looking forward to seeing you!
JSW Media Group


Happy New Year!!!
Peace & Blessings,
Jameka Shamae



"Creativity is a Drug I can't live without"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...