A Common Theme

The new year is off to a good start, I'm doing my best not to sweat the small stuff, but when you are "trying to make it" as best you can in the industry and you can't even count on your own peoples who have connections to hook you up...what's a lady to do...work harder and smarter I guess. This will not be a long blog, because I have written about it all before, please read this post to remember. This is one company in particular that I work with on a regular basis that has never, ever asked me to be involved in any projects. Sure I've worked behind the scenes on a few things, my opinion has been sought, but never has anyone asked me to be involved in anything where I could get some much needed exposure...and we are talking about everything from print opportunities, online, tv/video/radio...you name it, the projects have come up. And maybe I have been at least considered for these things, but was not chosen for whatever reason, that's fine...I just wish someone would tell me that I was at least in the running. What's the use of having television experience (on camera and production -I've been a reporter as well as a host), radio experience (used to co-host a radio show in college), spokesmodeling (marketing, communications, public relations experience), acting (indie films, local tv shows and commercials)and the list goes on...My resume is solid, not to mention I actually went to school for communications and broadcast journalism...

Had to vent...on the flip side, I'm blessed to have some great people in my corner. Shout out to Maurice Williams, my manager; Tangi Davis, my publicist and Tamara Walker, who has been an all around excellent reference for me. Jason Anderson, who is working hard to get my new site, jswmediagroup.com off the ground. You all have my gratitude and appreciation. Thanks for always thinking about a sista and trying to put me on:-)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Hey I do what I can :o) - Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and for some reason I got frustrated for you. But what I saw beyond the whole blog, is that you're not selling yourself short, nor selling out to get your self placed on the map. You're staying true to yourself. No where did I see you say, you'd do anything to get that "thing". I'm proud of you for that. Patience is of virtue and sometimes we're tested in the weirdest ways. Keep your head up lady. I see it coming to pass very soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...